Skip to main content

We've Expanded

There have been some changes up in here! Between Cody's job, babies and our living situation, we have been looking to God with our jaws dropped, marveling at His gifts. Here is our family update as we cruise into the new year. 

As it turns out, Cody can really work semi formal attire. Total eye candy. This discovery came with his new position in the payroll and budget office at WOU. He is LOVING both his job and coworkers. Currently, he is completing his degree in business (only because there was no degree for duck hunting available). 

Four minutes, by foot, is his total commute time. I get to see him for lunch and he is off at 5. This schedule has me utterly spoiled. Meanwhile, my job is full time Moming. It lacks a salary but hey, I'm my own boss, although Easton (age 2) often forgets this. 

Talk about job security, I have currently prolonged my position at home with the arrival of... dah dah dah tah dah: our second son!

Let me formally introduce you to the newest addition to the Prescott clan: Hudson Able. 


Awe, my little Hudder Butter! What a joy he is! He is always smiling. These days he likes to inch his way around, rolling when necessary. Occasionally he removes his fist from his mouth to 'coo' at us. Seriously, he daily melts my heart.

With Easton, the stages of development were foreign to me. I simply noticed whenever there was a change and adjusted accordingly. Second time around however, I have a rough idea of our growth timeline (ex: pure newborn, neck control,reaching, rolling...). Let me tell you, knowing how this progresses only makes me realize how fast each stage is racing by! Wahhhh!

Speaking of Easton, he is loving Hudson. Due to his tendencies to play rough, I had my concerns. I am grateful to say he is gentle and adoring when it comes to little brother. *wipes sweat from brow*

Hearing myself say, 'I am a mother of two' does make me feel older. I have definitely left the college stage of my life. Or have I?...

We have not only expanded in family but in household members, thirteen to be exact. Through the church, Praise Assembly, we have been blessed to become the host parents of an all girls international house called, The Nicholas House.

Yes, we share our lives with 13 college aged girls, eleven from China, and we love it! ALL of our ladies are truly incredible. The walls echo with the warmth of friendships built by sharing experiences and cultures. This is the good stuff.

Needless to say, Easton is also enjoying being caudeled around the clock. He has already determined who has what snacks where and when they are most likely to sneak him a treat. He's training early for a future in professional eating contests. 

'Overwhelming Thankfulness' That is what I would title this season of my life. I cannot shy away from praising God, because I am so aware that we were incapable of attaining these blessings on our own. He has taken our family and expanded it with Codys coworkers, Hudson, our beautiful college ladies, and all the future girls to come! 
Happy 2016!
 Love, 
The Prescotts

Comments

  1. What a great update on your growing family! So glad hear how God is blessing your family :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No Children at Church?

Cody and I have been volunteering at Falls City Christian Church  for a couple months now, where we take turns each month, teaching a lesson to the kiddos. Not to brag, but we have discovered the keys to a successful lesson: games and candy. This month, I chose to stray from the typical 'bible story' theme and go over how to pray in general. Praying is such a beautiful, powerful and important aspect of our relationship with God. I mean come on, we stinkin' get free 24 hr access to talk to the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE. This trumps having Theo James's personal number on my speed dial, which I do; in my dreams. Come Sunday, I was giddy with excitement to teach my lesson! My growing anticipation was stunted however when alas, no children attended church that morning. Bummer eh? Not anymore! because luckily, I have this nifty little blog. So here it is; a 'would-have-been-epic' lesson on prayer! Open your hand and take a look, there should be fiv

God Speaks Through Skinny Fingers

When I had Easton, I think he zapped such a large amount of calcium from my bones that my fingers shrunk. I have no medical knowledge to support this claim, but for whatever reason, all ten digits are significantly more slim. While I have no objection to daintier, more feminine hands, it does pose one problem: my wedding ring no longer fits. For awhile I tried wearing it regardless; but the first time I enthusiastically told a story, using my hands to talk, that circular symbol of unity went soaring. Cody inspected the situation and concluded that, yep, he would need to take it to get re-sized. He planned to visit the jeweler in Portland right away. I set my beautiful sparkly band, so familiar to my left ring finger, in it's little box for safe keeping. 'He won't be gone long,' I comforted my now naked ,tan-lined finger. Eight months later.... Not wearing my wedding ring wasn't doing it for me. First off, I got hit on several times by some creep

Make it Rain, its Shower time!

Bank Baby Party! Among the awesome people in my life, are my coworkers ( now past-coworkers *frown . They took the time to put together a Bank Baby Shower-my  first  shower in fact! I wish I had the pictures from it to show how fun it was. We played a game where you draw a baby on a plate above your head, guess the pregos waist with ribbon and an acrostic baby name game. Surprisingly, the boys smashed the competition. Everyone was so thoughtful and generous! Nadia, the ring leader of the event and lover of all that is baby, truly out did herself and set the bar high!  A Little Hometown Lovin' My mother, living on the other side of the mountains, sweetly wanted to throw me a baby shower for the people living in Prineville (my stomping grounds). Cody and I will gladly accept any reason to visit Central Oregon! I was so excited to see all who came and amazed at how beautiful and fun the shower was! Friends, games, treats, gifts, sangria and one Teeter Totter is al